Lavender Green Salad with Pear, Walnuts, Ricotta, and Pumpkin Seeds
This salad is perfect for lunch or as a side dish. The lavender and pear flavors are perfect with the ricotta, and the walnuts and pumpkin seeds add crunch and heartiness. Serves 1, but can easily be scaled up for a crowd.
- 2 cups greens of choice (spinach, lettuce, spring mix, etc)
- 2 tbps Ricotta cheese (if vegan, Kite Hill makes a great vegan ricotta)
- 1 ½ - 2 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped if desired
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- ½ medium pear, sliced
- 1 tbsp Tracy’s Luscious Lavender™ dressing
- This salad is really a matter of assembly. Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and toss together, or assemble on a plate and drizzle the dressing over it.
Tropical Aloha Kick™ Pancakes with Macadamia Nuts and Coconut Yogurt
The dressing you like is the dressing you use...on everything! So we used it in pancakes. These pancakes are special enough for a weekend brunch, but simple enough for a weekday. The macadamia nuts give a delicious crunch, and the subtle tropical flavor of Aloha Kick™ takes it up a notch!
Makes about 8 pancakes (Vegan, Refined Sugar Free)
Ingredients for the Pancakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or plant milk of choice
- 2 tbsp Tracy’s Gourmet Aloha Kick™ dressing
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, coconut sugar or sweetener of choice (optional; these pancakes are great without it!)
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
Ingredients for the Coconut Yogurt Topping:
- ½ cup plain unsweetened full-fat coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp Tracy’s Gourmet Aloha Kick™ dressing
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt to get rid of any lumps.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: almond milk, Aloha Kick™ dressing, and sweetener if using.
- Pour the almond milk mixture into the flour mixture and whisk just until the batter isn’t lumpy. Gently fold in the chopped macadamia nuts. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the coconut yogurt topping: just mix the yogurt and Aloha Kick™ dressing in a bowl to combine.
- Heat a cast iron pan, griddle, or nonstick pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with a little coconut oil or oil spray. When the pan is warm enough that a drop of water sizzles when dropped on it, scoop the batter in ¼ cup scoops onto the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes – until the top begins to bubble – and flip to cook 2-3 minutes on the other side. Repeat until you run out of batter. (Note: if you’re using a cast iron pan, it may get really hot, so keep an eye on the heat- you may need to lower it to avoid burning the pancakes).
- Stack the pancakes and top with the coconut yogurt and syrup, if desired. Garnish with fruit of choice. Enjoy!
Super Simple Dill Pasta Salad with Cherry Tomatoes and Olives
This is a delicious side dish for summer barbecues, or a great lunch on its own! The dill flavor really compliments the tomatoes and olives. It takes about as long to make as to cook some pasta. This recipe can also easily be scaled up or down because there are so few ingredients. (Makes about 4 servings.)
- 2-2 ½ cups dried pasta of choice (a macaroni or shell shape works great)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
- 1 jar pitted + sliced kalamata olives, drained (alternatively, you could use sliced black or green olives, or a combination)
- 3 Tbsp Tracy’s Gourmet Dilllightful™ Natural Organic Salad Dressing
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 2 Tsp dried basil (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse with cold water. Add the pasta to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Serve it up and enjoy! Top with fresh herbs and/or a sprinkling of regular or vegan cheese if desired.
Creamy Shrimp and Sweet Potato Curry and Aloha Kick® Dressing
A zesty shrimp and sweet potato curry with a hint of pineapple, coconut and lemon. (Makes 4 Servings.)
- 2 Tbs. Coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup Red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, minced
- 1/4 Tsp Coriander, ground
- 1 Tsp Turmeric, Ground
- 1/8 Tsp Allspice, Ground
- Pinch of Cloves, Ground
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper, Ground
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika, Ground
- 2 Cups Sweet Potato, Cubed
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1/3 Cup Aloha Kick! Natural and Organic Salad Dressing and Marinade
- 2 1/2 Cups Shrimp (shells removed)
- To Taste Salt
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, Chopped
1. Saute the red onion, garlic and ginger in the canola oil over medium heat until tender and translucent (about 3-5 minutes).
2. Add all the ground spices and saute just until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add all the ground spices and saute just until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
3. Stir in the sweet potato, coconut milk and Aloha Kick dressing and bring to a simmer.
4. Simmer on low heat until sweet potatoes are tender and cooked throughout (about 20-30 minutes).
5. Scoop out 1 Cup of curry mixture and blend until smooth. Add it back in and stir to help thicken the curry.
6. Add the shrimp and simmer until cooked (about 5 minutes). Shrimp should be opaque and firm, but still tender.
7. To finish, stir in cilantro and season to taste with salt!
Roasted Fennel Quinoa Salad with Fresh Mint, Sliced Peaches and Luscious Lavender® Dressing
This fresh, summery salad is perfect for those evening picnics or barbecues! It’s simple to prepare, can be served at room temperature, and tastes amazing and delicate. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten free!
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 2 small or one large bunch fresh mint, leaves picked off the stem, chopped (reserving a few sprigs for garnish)
- 3 small-medium fennel bulbs, thinly sliced with the toughest part of the core removed, fronds removed but a few reserved for garnish (if you don’t want to waste the tops, use them to flavor soup or stock!)
- Drizzle of olive oil, pinch salt + pepper
- ½ large peach, thinly sliced into wedges
- 3 tbsp Tracy’s Gourmet Luscious Lavender® Dressing
- Preheat your oven to 375° F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. As a general rule, 1 cup quinoa should be covered with 1.5 cups water, brought to a boil, reduced to simmer and left to absorb the water for about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Toss the sliced fennel in a little olive oil, a pinch of salt and a grind of pepper. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until tender and browning on the edges. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Combine the cooked and cooled quinoa, roasted fennel, chopped fresh mint, and lavender dressing in a bowl.
- When serving, top with a few peach slices, some mint and fennel sprigs, and a little extra drizzle of lavender dressing. Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Dill Sandwich with Sauerkraut- Vegan, GF Option
This recipe is a really easy way to elevate your lunch. It takes only 15-20 minutes to prepare the sweet potato, and the rest is just assembling! The sweet potato-dill mash tastes delicious with the tang of sauerkraut and juicy tomatoes, but if you’re not a fan of kraut, try some cheese or cheese alternative, or even add a layer of hummus!
Makes ~4 sandwiches
- 2 small or 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and cubed
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp Tracy’s Gourmet Dill-lightful™ Natural Organic Salad Dressing
- Crusty thick-cut bread of choice
- Saurkraut (about 2 tbsp per sandwich depending on size)
- Sliced tomatoes
- Spinach or lettuce leaves
- Steam or boil the sweet potatoes in a pot until tender, about 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Place the steamed sweet potato in a bowl and let cool slightly.
- Mash the sweet potato with a potato masher or fork just slightly, then add the spices and Tracy’s Gourmet Dill-lightful™ dressing. Use a combination of masher + wooden spoon to incorporate and make a slightly chunky mash (alternatively, you can mash it until it’s completely smooth, if preferred).
- Assemble the sandwiches: Spread the sweet potato mixture on a slice of the bread, layer with sauerkraut, tomato slices and spinach or lettuce. Top with the remaining slice, cut in half and serve!