Roasted Fennel Quinoa Salad with Fresh Mint, Sliced Peaches and Tracy’s Gourmet Luscious Lavender® Dressing
This fresh, summery salad is perfect for those evening picnics or barbecues! It’s simple to prepare, can be served at room temperature, and tastes amazing and delicate. Plus, it’s vegan and gluten free!
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed
- 2 small or one large bunch fresh mint, leaves picked off the stem, chopped (reserving a few sprigs for garnish)
- 3 small-medium fennel bulbs, thinly sliced with the toughest part of the core removed, fronds removed but a few reserved for garnish (if you don’t want to waste the tops, use them to flavor soup or stock!)
- Drizzle of olive oil, pinch salt + pepper
- ½ large peach, thinly sliced into wedges
- 3 tbsp Tracy’s Gourmet Luscious Lavender® Dressing
- Preheat your oven to 375° F and line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. As a general rule, 1 cup quinoa should be covered with 1.5 cups water, brought to a boil, reduced to simmer and left to absorb the water for about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Toss the sliced fennel in a little olive oil, a pinch of salt and a grind of pepper. Spread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until tender and browning on the edges. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Combine the cooked and cooled quinoa, roasted fennel, chopped fresh mint, and lavender dressing in a bowl.
- When serving, top with a few peach slices, some mint and fennel sprigs, and a little extra drizzle of lavender dressing. Enjoy!